Tuesday 14 October 2014

Evaluation of college magazine!

Evaluation


What went well?

I have attained three comments for the creation of my college magazine of a front page and contents page. I have received both positive and feedback on how to improve on my college magazine, they have each made comments on my masthead, the colour scheme, the images and the overall layout of my magazine. I have received good and helpful comments about my front page of my college magazine which will help me to improve it. Person 1 commented that ‘the fonts used are good as there is a variety of different fonts, so it doesn't look plain or boring’; person 2 also stated that using different fonts makes the magazine ‘look energetic’.  Person 3 commented that ‘for your contents page, you have used the same fonts and the important textual details have a larger font, which is suitable for the readers’. All three comments included my use of different colours and how I consistently used the same colours which indicated that I had a colour scheme, and person 1 commented that the ‘colour scheme is eye-catching as there is more than one use of colour’. Person 3 also stated that the use of different colours attract attention from the targeted audience towards the college magazine. I have asked my audience what they think of the text layout, person 1 mentioned that ‘the text layout is varied throughout so it doesn't look boring’, person 2 pointed out that the ‘contents page is very clear as it is sectioned into two clear parts’ which makes it easier for the audience to read what it is saying. I then asked my audience what they think of the terminology used for the teasers, person 1 stated that ‘the teasers used are appealing to the target audience’, and person 2 commented that ‘they are suitable to the audience and appealing’; person 3 mentioned that the ‘terminology is good, as the use of repetition for the word “Gossip” is used to suggest there is lots of gossip that will be talked about.  Also, the buzz word “free” is used to create a vibe, as there is a give-away available. The final question I had asked my audience is that if my college magazine is suitable for the college students, person 2 pointed out that ‘it relates to the audience because it represents college life, and person 3 mentioned that the images relate to college life therefore, it will attract and relate to the target audience whom are college students.    

What do I need to improve on?

However, I did receive a few improvements from the commentators. Person 3 believed that ‘the front page should maintain just one font, unless your masthead has a totally different font style’. Person 3 also pointed out that I didn't have a specific text layout on the front page and suggested I should have one, however, this person also stated that this gave my college magazine ‘life’ and made it look realistic and interesting to look at. Person 2 commented that ‘the text could be layered out neater to enable easier understanding’ of the information stated on the college magazine.

Three key points for development when producing the main task- music magazine:

·         Next time I need to make sure I include a text layout in my front page so that it is clearer for my targeted audience to read and understand what is written on the front page.
·         Have a consistent colour scheme so that the magazine is arranged and organised.
·         Use appropriate terminology for teasers in the music magazine to attract more readers. 


By Shahena Islam

No comments:

Post a Comment